6 Steps To Embroidery Watchmaking Project
Here’s a timeless example of embroidery meets watchmaking. Frenchwoman Sylvie Deschamps is an acclaimed embroiderer who has collaborated with luxury jewellery brand Piaget with ultra-creative results.
Reinterpreting the Yves Piaget rose motif on the dial of the Piaget Altiplano watch, she used needle and thread and the micro-pointillism technique to create the effect she was after.
An 18k white-gold watch features a bezel set with 78 brilliant-cut diamonds would normally not need embellishment, but it is all the richer for its exceptional embroidery and the fact that it is limited edition of just 18. For more information, visit www.piaget.com.
Learn how to use appliqué and embroidery stitches!
Watch The Process
- Using a pricker, the Yves Piaget rose is traced onto white silk fabric.
2. The outline is then drawn on.
Join English paper piecing expert, Sue Daley, as she shows you English paper piecing!
3. The outlines of the petals are embroidered with silver thread.
5. Silk threads, in many different shades of pink, are used to embroider the motif using the micro-pointillism technique.
6. Knot after knot, the embroidered Yves Piaget rose is created.
For more gorgeous embroidered watch dials, see Chanel’s Mademoiselle Privé Camélia Lesage collection (www.chanel.com).