Make your own Bunny Pouch Necklace with Trixi Symonds
Thinking about what mums could make with their kids this Easter I came up with this super easy to sew bunny pouch necklace. Little girls seem to love bags and pouches as well as necklaces so I guess that a bunny pouch that could be worn as a necklace seemed like the perfect combination…and it makes a great place to hide treasures and little chocolate Easter eggs.
And you don’t have to use it as a necklace…enlarge the template and make a bunny tote as well.
Of course no Easter celebration would be complete with out sewing a bunny softie, so here’s one you can try.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 12cm X 7cm white felt
- 7cm X 7cm white felt
- 7cm X 5cm pink felt
- 1 meter length of ribbon
- 2 small wiggly eyes
- A thick needle to make holes
What to do:
- Download and print out the templates.
- From the 12cm X 7cm white felt cut out the shape for the back of the pouch.
- From the 7cm X 7cm white felt cut out the shape for the front of the pouch.
- From the pink felt cut out the shapes for the inside of the ears and the shape for the nose.
- Pin and sew the front and back of the pouch together as shown above.
- Glue on the insides of the ears, the nose and wiggly eyes.
- Use a pencil or fine felt-tipped pen to draw on the mouth as shown above. It’s a good idea to practice the mouth on a scrap of white felt first and to check that your pencil works well on your felt or that your felt-tipped pen doesn’t bleed into the felt.
- Use a thick needle to make two holes between the bunny’s ears as shown above……and thread the ribbon through the holes and secure the ends with a knot.
…and that’s it.